WONDERWOODS - Arte International (B)

The Wonderwoods design is part of the new collection with Décors & Panoramiques launched by Arte International in Spring 2021. It is a stunning print: smooth brushstrokes, organic and soft and in my opinion, with a nod to the Art Deco era.

Wonderwoods, color Syringa

So my quest was to search a stunning material and technique that uplifted this design even more. Going trough my fabric library I found these cosy fabrics, a plain and cut version, which I had never used before. Many question marks appeared: is this printable? What material is this? Will it be feasable in production? And what about the seams on the wall??

I figuered out I was going to give it a go. Analysing it's production proces I came up with an idea for printing ànd backing (yes, it needs to be applied to the wall).
An absolute Eureka moment whith the (first!) finished sample in my hand! I immediately got in touch with the Arte design studio sending them some footage on what I had achieved. It was an instant GO-GO-GO for them too.

Showing my first research on the flat fluffy fabric. 


The initial sample with the cut fabric was on a pink color (that was the only color I had available at the time). But even with the pink, and missing the freshness of white in the pattern, one could see how unique this product was. 

Moodboard footage during my research.

The final product is launched in 2 colorways. It is absolutely stunning on the wall and one should definitely see this in real!




All pictures property of Arte International.
Footage: private property