UME - Boutique Walls by Flocart (B)

A nice textured plain with an extensive color palette. This product I made for Flocart is a base runner for years to come (and was later taken by Pierre Frey for an extinsive color collection Nimes).
For the creation of Ume I used a Japanese fabric like non-woven delicately colored and merged with a second, treated background layer that is either black (for darker colors) or metallic (for neutrals and vivid tones). The metallic effect is perfectly dosed and just gives a little extra sparkle and a dimension to the texture.

The treated layer also functions as a repellant. Yes, this product, how delicate it may be, is washable!


On my desk the final color selection of Ume


Color inspiration came from the 15th century Flemish Primitives paintings I observed in the Groeningemuseum in Bruges. The museum gave me permission to do some research on site with my Pantone book and other color swatches at hand. The interpretation was a visual one, not a scientific one.
Only later I noticed how remarkable it was, that the same veil I used in my product, appears in some of the paintings to evoke delicate fabric.

I must have made like over 200 colors and had to narrow the selection down to only 18.  But no worries, if you can't find the right tone in the stock products, we Boutique by Flocart has bespoke service to make your dream color or even pattern!


For UME samples and pricing contact wallcoverings@flocart.com


Ume texture with a gold background


One of the neutral colors lifting up this wall with a delicate texture.

Ume texture with platina background

Interior picture property of Flocart nv (special thanks to Korneel Bostyn for editing the picture!)